Easy Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Golden brown and fluffy from the outside. Soft and flaky inside. Who doesn't love biscuits? Served with gravy or just plain butter and jam. Whether you want it as a Southern breakfast sandwich or a nice treat for afternoon coffee, buttermilk biscuits can be served anytime of the day.
Want to make it? Get this easy buttermilk biscuits from Ben of Firehousegrub.
How to make buttermilk biscuits from scratch
What you need:
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbs baking powder
- one stick butter
How to make buttermilk biscuits
1. Combine 2 cups of flour, 2 tbs sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbs baking powder. Stir to mix.
2. Slice one stick of butter and add to flour mixture. Cut butter into flour mixture.
3. Add 3/4 cup of buttermilk. Stir to combine.
4. Roll out dough on floured surface. Fold back onto itself and turn 90 degrees. Roll dough out again an repeat this process 5-6 times.
5. Cut your biscuits out. Brush with melted butter and bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Doesn't have to be complicated right? Check out this easy buttermilk biscuits recipe