Tender and juicy. That caramelized smoky sauce and yes, pork belly. This is definitely a meat candy - the sweets for adults.
One of the tastiest smoker recipes you can make is Pork Belly Burnt Ends and it is surprisingly easy to cook. Best for picnics or another add on to your dinner spread.
The key is to find the perfect pork belly. You can ask your butcher to trim off the skin and top layer of fat. Or simply tell your butcher that you're making pork belly burnt ends and they'll cut it the perfect meat for you.
How to Make Pork Belly Burnt Ends
- Pork Belly cut into cubes of about 1 1/2"
- Dry Rub of your Choice
- BBQ Sauce
- apple Juice
-apple Jelly (optional)
1. In a bowl, add your preferred dry rub to your pork belly cubes. Make sure all surfaces are covered. If you're cutting them yourselves, cube your pork belly using your Cavemanstyle Ultimo Knife
2. Arrange them well in a dry rack before placing them into your smoker.
3. Smoke for 2-3 hours ; 225-250 degrees F
4. Transfer it in an aluminum pan and add your butter, honey, and brown sugar. Cover with foil and smoke for another 60-90 minutes.
5. Remove from the smoker, remove the foil and put back in the smoker for another 10 minutes.
6. Almost done! Remove from your smoker and glaze your pork belly with a mix of BBQ sauce, apple juice, and apple jelly.
Let it rest, mix thoroughly and they're done!
The secret here is to cook your meat candy low and slow to give that ultra-tender, melt-in-your-mouth pork belly.
There are many variations on how to make Pork Belly Burn Ends just like this one from Walter of Michigan BBQ Addicts
@michiganbbqaddicts It’s like Meat Candy! 🐖🔥 #michiganbbqaddicts @chargrillergrills @meatchurchbbq @Gordon Ramsay #bbq #RufflesOwnYourRidges #bacon #porkbelly #pork #hype ♬ I'm So Hungry - Karter Zaher